Voters in north Fulton County must go to a different polling place to cast their votes in the upcoming runoff.
Fulton County announced on Wednesday that is changing the locations of 12 polling places for the June 20 election when voters will decide if Jon Ossoff or Karen Handel will fill the congressional seat in Georgia’s 6th District.
The county cited “unforeseen circumstances” as to why the locations changed.
“The locations will either be undergoing renovations or have scheduled events. The timing of this election is causing us to make these changes,” Richard Baron, Fulton County’s director of registration and elections, said in a statement. “I strongly encourage residents to take a moment to verify if they are affected by the changes prior to Election Day.”
Fulton County says it mailed 109,296 notification letters to voters on Monday and that concerned residents should check online to find out if the changes affect their polling place.
All voters who registered to vote by the Sunday, May 21, deadline and who live in the district are eligible to vote in the runoff, even if they did not vote on April 18.
Voters with questions about the elections or their voter status are encouraged to visit the Secretary of State’s “My Voter Page” at mvp.sos.state.ga.gov or contact the Fulton County Department of Registration and Elections at 404-612-7020.
The changes are:
- Those who were voting at Mount Pisgah United Methodist Church will now vote at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church on Haynes Bridge Road.
- Those who were voting at Ocee Elementary School will now vote at Dolvin Elementary School on Jones Bridge Road.
- Those who were voting at State Bridge Elementary School will now vote at Johns Creek High School on State Bridge Road.
- Those who were voting at the Abernathy Arts Center will now vote at Sandy Springs Christian Church on Johnson Ferry Road.
- Those who were voting at the Dunwoody Community Church will now vote at Life Center Ministries on Mount Vernon Road.
- Those who were voting at Alpharetta High School will now vote at St. James United Methodist Church on Webb Bridge Road.
- Those who were voting at Manning Oaks Elementary School will now vote at the Alpharetta library at 10 Park Place.
- Those who were voting at Summit Hill Elementary School will now vote at Birmingham Falls Elementary School on Birmingham Highway.
- Those who were voting at Cogburn Woods Elementary School will now vote at Hopewell Middle School on Cumming Street.
- Those who were voting at River Eves Elementary School will now vote at Ester Jackson Elementary School on Martin Road.
- Those who were voting at Elkins Pointe Middle School will now vote at Mimosa Elementary School on Warsaw Road.
- Those who were voting at Hillside Elementary School will now vote at the Johns Creek Environmental Campus on Holcomb Bridge Road in Alpharetta.
MORE ON THE DISTRICT 6 RACE...