Atlanta police officials will release some records Tuesday to a citizen board reviewing the 2006 police killing of 92-year-old Kathryn Johnston, the board executive director said late Monday.
The Atlanta City Council issued a subpoena last month ordering the police department to hand over records to the Atlanta Citizen Review Board concerning the Johnston case and the December 2008 fatal police shooting of robbery suspect Pierre George.
Records were scheduled to be delivered Monday. The board's director, Cristina Beamud, said the police department delivered some records concerning the George case.
Fulton County prosecutors are still investigating the George shooting. The Atlanta Police Department is still conducting an internal investigation into the Johnston killing.
— Eric Stirgus
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.