Here’s a look at how MARTA plans to make things easier for fans attending the SEC Championship game:
- Trains will run every 10 minutes between the Lindbergh and Airport stations on north-south lines, as well as between King Memorial and Ashby on east-west lines.
- MARTA will deploy “transit ambassadors” to the Dome and Vine City stations adjacent to the stadium, as well as to end-of-the-line stations at North Springs, H.E. Holmes, College Park and Indian Creek. They will greet riders and assist them with directions and Breeze Card purchases.
- Other employees will help load and unload trains and prevent platform overcrowding at the Dome, Vine City and Five Points stations.
- In addition to the usual vending machines, MARTA employees will sell Breeze Cards at numerous stations.
- Bathrooms will be open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. at numerous stations. Previously, they closed at 7 p.m.
- The MARTA Police Department will supplement its uniform patrol division with other officers during the game. It also will use more than 10,000 security cameras to monitor the transit system.