Frontier Airlines has made a major change to its customer service offering.
The airline recently removed its customer service phone number from FlyFrontier.com. Why would Frontier do such a thing?
When I reached out to the airline, I received the following statement from Frontier spokesperson Michael Konopasek:
“Our Customer Care function recently transitioned to fully digital communications, which enables us to ensure our customers get the information they need as expeditiously and efficiently as possible. We have found that most customers prefer communicating via digital channels. Customers can visit our website and interact initially with a chatbot which provides answers to common questions. If live agent support is needed, we have live chat available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Customers may also chat with us via common social media channels and Whatsapp.”
While Frontier is presenting this change as a helpful development, unfortunately, this is a classic example of what money expert Clark Howard calls "customer no-service!"
Here’s What Happens When You Call the Frontier Airlines Customer Service Number
After the news, I called Frontier's customer service phone number at 801-401-9000, and an automated voice instructed me to contact the airline by using its mobile app or chat service.
Here are your options:
- If you call from a mobile device and wish to chat, you'll be prompted to press 1. When you do, a link will be sent to your phone. Once you tap on the link, it will open a chat box.
- If you don't call from a mobile device, you'll need to press 2, which will lead to an automated voice telling you, "As a reminder, we offer several ways to reach out, which can be found on our Customer Support page."
Theoretically, you can get help via chat, but judging from the comments on Frontier’s social media pages, there’s quite a bit of turbulence about the limited customer service options.
How To Reach Frontier Airlines Customer Service (Updated)
With phone service no longer an option, here are the updated ways to reach Frontier Airlines customer service:
- Live chat (24/7)
- Feedback Form: for questions or concerns (scroll down)
- Mobile app: Android | iOS
- Social media: @flyfrontier on Facebook, @flyfrontier on Instagram, @flyfrontier on Twitter
In a statement to a Denver TV station, Frontier also said customers could use WhatsApp, but I was unable to find Frontier on that platform.
In researching this article, I tried to connect to a Frontier agent through the website’s live chat feature on two consecutive days but was unable to reach anyone. Perhaps they’re really busy?
Here’s our in-depth guide on flying Frontier.
The post Frontier Airlines Drops Its Customer Service Phone Line appeared first on Clark Howard.
Credit: Stephen B. Morton for The Atlanta Journal Constitution