There’s no back-to-school tax-free weekend again this year, but parents can still take advantage of some deals − online and at Atlanta stores − before the kids head back.
RELATED: School bus season begins soon in metro Atlanta
Grab your child’s school checklist, and head to these websites and stores for these can’t-miss back to school sales.
1. Groupon has grouped discounts into a Back to School category, featuring everything from AbeBooks to Target to Zappos. Discounts are for both online and in-store coupons.
2. Staples Back to School Center offers weekly rotating back-to-school specials, Staples has arranged the sales by grade ranges starting with K-2 through 9-12 and including teachers. Staples also offers price match guarantee and the Staples Rewards program.
Staples customers can shop online and pick up an hour later for many items.
»RELATED: Your guide to the 2018-2019 Cobb County school year
Prepackaged school kits
Parents can often save time and money by purchasing back-to-school supplies as one kit.
3. Walmart has a feature that allows users to type in their zip code to find a list of local schools, and the schools' specific supply lists. Each list is broken out into the supplies along with the quantity the teachers request. Click on the Find Items link for Walmart prices.
4. Another option is School Tool Box, which similarly allows shoppers to find their own school's lists, and often serves as a school fundraiser. This tool also divides the lists further by gender, which some schools require.
5. Amazon's back to school sale also includes kits. The kits are organized into grade-appropriate levels, but do not appear to allow for prepackaged kits according to specific school lists. Amazon hasn’t forgotten college students and teachers.
6. Best Buy's back to school sale offers significant markdowns on MacBooks and iPad Pros, select laptops and Surface laptops. Deals like the $100-$150 off select computers can be combined with other offers. To get the student coupons, customers need to create an account and sign up for Student Hub emails. Deals are valid from July 8 to August 4.
7. Apple's Back to School 2018 sale runs through Sept. 25 and offers homeschool teachers and Kindergarten-12 faculty (plus higher education faculty, students and parents) a variety of Beats headphones with qualifying Apple product purchase. Savings range from $149.95 to $299.95.
RELATED: QUIZ: How much do you know about your child’s metro Atlanta school?
Clothing, Footwear, backpacks
8. Dick's Sporting Goods Back To School Sale is offering up deals on everything from footwear to apparel, including up to 50 percent off select shoes including Nike. Dick's backpacks start at $9.99, and there’s free shipping on orders of $49 or more..
9. Here are some North Georgia Premium Outlets deals: The Dawsonville mall's OshKosh B'Gosh store is offering buy one get two free on polos and 30 to 50% off on everything through July 23. Carter’s is offering 50 percent off everything through July 23. Get 10 percent off with student ID at Merrell all year long. At the Columbia Factory Store spend $100 through July 24 and get $25 to spend between Aug 1-22. Papaya’s back to school sale starts July 16 and goes through Aug. 31 offering deals on tops, bottoms, jean jackets and more.
10. Monthly subscription service Fabkids.com is offering VIP Members school deals. Seasonal deals start at $5. A bonus sale is $9.95 for two pairs of shoes, or buy a pair, get one free or buy an outfit, get one free, all available to new VIP subscribers.
11. The Outlet Shoppes at Atlanta in Woodstock are hosting a back to school bash July 28, sales, games and character appearances. The Outlet Shoppes are also offering a More than Tax Free event, issuing $8 gift cards for every $100 spent July 21-22.