- Stay home as much as possible, especially if you are over 65 or have underlying health conditions.
- Practice social distancing. The CDC advises staying 6 feet away from others in public.
- Feeling like you are getting sick? Don’t go to the emergency room. If you are mildly ill, stay home, check your temperature at least twice a day, and limit your contact with others in your household. Wear a face mask when you are around them.
- If symptoms worsen, call your doctor or an urgent care clinic for advice on where to go for testing or treatment. Testing is still largely limited to those with a doctor’s order and more severe symptoms.
- Don’t call 9-1-1 for testing. Call it only for a medical emergency, such as difficulty breathing or an extremely high temperature.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.