Today Clark covers fakes and thefts. You may be thinking about Valentine gifts now and jewelry is a favorite choice. But before you buy, Clark has a warning about the prevalence of counterfeits, and how to protect your wallet. Also, theft rings and smash & grabs have been hitting retailers hard throughout the country. Hear what retailers are doing to fight rampant internal and external theft, and how it affects consumers
- Counterfeit Warning: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- Retail Theft Impact: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show:
- NYTimes.com: Jewelry Counterfeits: The Age-Old Problem Just Keeps Growing
- Should I Buy Insurance for Nice Sunglasses?
- When Do You Need a Travel Agent?
- Certified Travel Counselor – CTC – The Travel Institute
- Travel Archives – Clark Howard
- Should my son get non owners car insurance?
- NYPost – What Walmart, Target and other retailers are doing to deter crime
- Rising thefts at Walmart could lead to price jumps, store closures, CEO says
- The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Home Water Softening
- Clark.com – How To Sell A Car
- These 2 Things Can Maximize Your Chances of Selling Your House
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
The post 02.01.23 Early Valentine Warning: Counterfeit Jewelry / Retail Theft's Impact On Consumers appeared first on Clark Howard.