Hardship withdrawals from 401(k)s have doubled over the past year. Clark discusses the tax ramifications and offers alternatives. Also, Clark champions entrepreneurs creating startups or joining franchises in tough times. But this comes with a very important warning vital to success: Vetting an opportunity and avoiding the job & training scamsters infesting the market. Know the signs.
- 401(k) Hardship Withdrawals: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- A Warning For Entrepreneurs: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show:
- NYTimes.com: Hardship 401(k) Withdrawals, Explained
- 6 Things To Know Before Contacting the National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- Should You Pay for Credit Monitoring?
- How To Freeze Your Credit With Experian, Equifax and TransUnion
- Why You Should Never Invest With a Bank
- Business opportunities and trainings that claim you'll make big money are often scams
- Real Estate Investing: What To Know BEFORE You Start
- Will Mark Cuban's Prescription Company Really Save You Money?
- 10 Ways To Save on Prescription Drugs
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
The post 01.31.23 401(k) Borrowing & Hardship Withdrawal / A Warning For Entrepreneurs appeared first on Clark Howard.
Credit: Channel 2 Action News