Airbnb hired a background check company to vet owners and renters, fueling complaints of unjustified bans, mistaken identity, and no real appeal process. Clark weighs in. Also – planes, trains and automobiles – Clark got caught in the Southwest meltdown, and recounts his 3 day journey to make it home by Christmas.
- Airbnb Background Checks: Segment 1
- Ask Clark: Segment 2
- Clark's Holiday Travel Misadventures: Segment 3
- Ask Clark: Segment 4
Mentioned on the show:
- USA TODAY: Does Airbnb do criminal background checks? Yes. Policy sparks backlash among consumers
- [The Washington Post] Long a fan favorite, Southwest's model now faces questions
- NYTimes.com: The Shameful Open Secret Behind Southwest's Failure
- Costco Travel: 5 Things To Know Before You Book
- The Only Way You Should Pay for a Cruise
- How To Use 'Vacations To Go' To Find Bargain Cruises
- Should I Tip on a Cruise?
- Taxes – Clark Howard Community
- How To Open a Roth IRA
- U.S. Bank Savings Account Rates – Bankrate
- 8 of the Best High-Yield Online Savings Accounts in 2022-Clark.com
- Episode transcripts
- Clark.com daily money newsletter
- Consumer Action Center Free Helpline: 636-492-5275
Learn more about your ad choices: megaphone.fm/adchoices
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
The post 01.05.23 Airbnb Background Checks / Clark's Christmas Travel Disruption appeared first on Clark Howard.
Credit: Christina Matacotta