When you visit the AJC Decatur Book Festival on Labor Day weekend, please visit the AJC booth near the center of the festival.
The AJC Decatur Book Festival, the largest independent book festival in the nation, will be Friday, Aug. 31 through Sunday, Sept. 2 in downtown Decatur. Booths and exhibits are open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and noon-6 p.m. Sunday.
The AJC’s festival booth (Booth 400)
The AJC booth will be open throughout the festival. You’ll find it near to the Historic Decatur Courthouse, E. Ponce de Leon Avenue at Clairemont Avenue.
Select authors and other celebrities will appear at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution booth, plus you are likely to see employees of the AJC there all weekend.
Tentative schedule includes:
Saturday 10 a.m. Kenny Leon,
Noon Mike Luckovich,
3:30 p.m. Karin Slaughter.
Sunday, Noon Charles Frazier.
AJC's booth at the AJC Decatur Book Festival. To the left is Emory University's booth. Behind is the Historic Decatur Courthouse.
Decatur - Frank Reiss (center) helps customers at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution booth during the AJC Decatur Book Festival on Saturday, August 30, 2014. The annual festival draws visitors to downtown Decatur area to meet with world-class authors, illustrators, editors, publishers, booksellers, and artists for a weekend filled with literature, music, food, art, and fun. JONATHAN PHILLIPS / SPECIAL
Photo: Jonathan Phillips
Map of the festival site
AJC journalists at the festival
Note: Schedules are subject to change. You check online for updates and cancellations
- Mike Luckovich, cartoonist, Saturday, 3-3:45 p.m., Marriott Conference Center A
- Kevin Riley, editor, Friday, 8 p.m., Schwartz Center at Emory University
- Rosalind Bentley, Saturday, 1:45-2:30 p.m., Culinary Stage
- Maureen Downey, Saturday, 5:30-6:15 p.m., Marriott Conference Center B
- Bo Emerson, Saturday, 4:15-5 p.m., Marriott Conference Center B
- Bria Felicien, Saturday, 1:45-2:30 p.m., Marriott Conference Center Auditorium
- Rodney Ho, Saturday, 10-10:45 a.m., Decatur Library
- Jim Galloway, Sunday, 5-5:45 p.m. , Marriott Conference Center B
- Becca Godwin, Sunday, 1:15-2 p.m. , Marriott Conference Center C
- Willoughby Mariano , Sunday, 1:15-2 p.m., Marriott Conference Center A
- Jeremy Redmon, reporter, Sunday, 3:45-4:30 p.m., Marriott Conference Center B
- Jaime Sarrio, Saturday, 5:30-6:15 p.m., First Baptist Decatur Sanctuary
AJC's connection to the festival
The Historic Decatur Courthouse is one of the main venues for the AJC Decatur Book Festival. (Brian O'Shea / firstname.lastname@example.org)
The book festival is a nonprofit organization that receives funding and in-kind donations from the city of Decatur, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Emory University, Mail Chimp and other educational institutions and media outlets.