Alvin Kamara, the AJC’s All-Classification Player of the Year, took an official visit to UGA this weekend and rated it as a “9” on a scale of 1-10.
“I just enjoyed it,” he said.
That’s a higher score than the running back from Norcross High School gave to his co-leader, Alabama, where he visited last weekend and rated an "8."
However, don’t read too much into the trip ratings because Kamara said both Alabama and Georgia are tied.
“I think things are pretty even,” Kamara said. “I’m just going to use these last few days heading into signing day to put things in my head, and then make a decision from there.”
At some point this week, Kamara will welcome UGA coach Mark Richt for an in-home visit. “They are working with my mom to pin down a day,” he said. Alabama’s Nick Saban has already used up his in-home meeting.
Kamara was one of four UGA targets that took official visits over the weekend, along with DT Montravius Adams, LB Reuben Foster and DE Davin Bellamy.
Kamara said the biggest thing that stuck out from talking with Richt over the weekend was that the coach said he could be a “difference maker” for the Bulldogs.
“(Richt) said I could bring back that element that Knowshon Moreno provided for them – an every-down back, pass catcher, Wildcat guy, a big threat to defenses,” Kamara said.
There was one interesting development with UGA on Sunday night. According to multiple reports, the Bulldogs offered Vanderbilt RB commit Johnathan Ford of New Hope, Ala. – which immediately caused a Twitter meltdown with speculation that UGA doesn’t feel so hot about its chances with Kamara vs. Alabama.
When Kamara was asked if the last-minute offer to Ford would affect how he felt about UGA, he replied, “No comment.”
Kamara is “finished” with official visits, and will not go anywhere next weekend. He was considering trips to Tennessee, Florida State or Clemson.
Kamara will announce between Alabama and UGA on signing day.
- Will UGA be able to FLIP longtime FSU commit? Bulldogs are new frontrunner
- AJC's Mr. Georgia Football visits UGA and ranks it as a "9" ... that's higher than Alabama
- It's Tennessee, Clemson or Auburn ... for 5-star
- Ex-Georgia Tech football recruit ... finds a new home, per report
- Atlanta WR de-commits from Kentucky: "Felt like I wasn't wanted"
- UGA FLIRTS a little stronger with one of Florida's top recruits
- High school coach gets prank calls after recruit and Georgia Tech part ways
- Robert Nkemdiche ... No. 1 from start to FINISH
- Georgia's Top 5 recruiting stories to follow ... with two bonuses
- Coach of ex-Georgia Tech recruit on ... what went wrong
- UPDATE on 5-star Carl Lawson and RB Peyton Barber ... Texas Longhorns?
- 5-star prepares for ... official visit to UGA
- UGA RB commits calls stories about fake Notre Dame visit a "misunderstanding"
- AJC's Mr. Georgia Football visits Alabama and ranks it as "8" ... a trip to co-leader UGA is next
- Ex-UGA football recruit ... SWITCHES to Clemson
- Nick Saban makes people CRY
DID YOU SEE THIS?
- Will UGA try to FLIP one of the top recruits for archrival Florida Gators?
- UGA's Todd Grantham brings up NFL RUMORS to a recruit ... and ...
- Mark Richt to the RESCUE ... coach SECURES top DB for the Bulldogs
- Georgia Tech makes a run at Ohio State LB commit ... who ends it with Auburn
- Georgia recruit on Oregon's coaching change, NOTRE DAME loss
- 5 Georgia recruits flying under the radar
- Mark Richt makes time to check on one of the state's top juniors
- Former UGA football player ... commits to ARCHRIVAL Auburn ... and to play QB!
- RECAP of Georgia Tech's BIGGEST recruiting weekend of year
- Will Robert Nkemdiche and his best friend go separate ways for college?
- Georgia football recruits ... ON THE RISE, ON THE FALL
- Recruit's father on Tommy Tuberville: "It's a bad situation"
- State's top 5 prospects for 2014
- How can UGA sign 30-35 recruits under the SEC's new over-signing rules? Is it legal and how?