There is still time to make plans to experience the special events being conducted at the Walt Disney World Resort in Central Florida this fall, such as Night of Joy, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, and the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
A great way to experience these events, and/or to check out the wonders of the recently expanded New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park, is by taking advantage of the special “End of Summer Value Rates” that are being offered by the seven Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels on stays from Aug. 1 through Sept. 30.
In addition to their ideal location an easy walk to the shopping, dining and entertainment venues at the Downtown Disney Area, these seven Official Walt Disney World Resort Hotels also provide complimentary shuttle transportation every 30 minutes to all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, two water parks, and to Downtown Disney. As a bonus, guests at these hotels also receive the “2013 Downtown Disney Deals” booklet that features exclusive discounts and specials from over 30 merchants on Downtown Disney area dining, entertainment and shopping.
The Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels’ “End of Summer Value Rates” are:
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, from $75
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa, from $95
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, from $109
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, from $89 Aug. 1-15, and from $79 Aug. 16-Sept. 30
- Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown, from $93
- Royal Plaza Hotel, from $79
- Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort, from $80
Taking advantage of the special rates also will enable you to enjoy such other benefits of staying at one of the seven Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels as:
- Disney tickets available to purchase at each hotel
- Advance tee times and discounts at all Walt Disney World golf courses
- Disney Merchandise store located in each hotel
- Ability to book advance dining and dinner show reservations for all restaurants across the Walt Disney World Resort
Special events at the Walt Disney World Resort include:
- Night of Joy, Sept. 6–7 at Magic Kingdom Park
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Sept. 10-Nov. 1 at Magic Kingdom Park
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, Sept. 27-Nov. 11 at Epcot
Among the many coupons featured in the “2013 Downtown Disney Deals” booklet are discounts at Rainforest Café, T-Rex, Wolfgang Puck Express, Steve Baker Caricatures, Lego Imagination Center, Planet Hollywood Downtown Disney, House of Blues Restaurant, La NoubaTM by Cirque du Soleil, Cap’n Jack’s Restaurant, Bongo’s Cuban Café, and Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop.
Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels is a consortium of seven Official Walt Disney World Resort hotels that includes: the 18-story Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel, surrounded by 12 acres of lush tropical landscaping; the newly renovated, sophisticated 1,014-room Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa; the 229-suite Doubletree Suites by Hilton, the only all-suite resort hotel in the Downtown Disney Resort Area; the 814-room, full-service Hilton Orlando Resort, featuring seven on-site restaurants; the Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown, which recently completed a $35 million top-to-bottom renovation; the 394-room Royal Plaza Hotel, featuring beautiful oversized guest rooms with two double beds or a king bed, plus a pullout double sofa; and Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort, featuring new rooms, a new lobby area, and two outdoor pools.
Located in the heart of the Downtown Disney area, these properties are within walking distance of some of the area’s best shopping, dining and entertainment.
For more information on the “End of Summer Value Rates,” or to make a reservation, visit http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/2013-summer-value-rates. Some blackout dates may apply.
Clara Bosonetto is a retired travel consultant.