Here are five things to know about the Falcons, who practice at 12:20 p.m., on Thursday:
1. Jones cracks Top 10. Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones’ jersey has soared into the Top 10 on DICK’S Sporting Goods Jersey Report, ranking ninth among all NFL players in sales.
2. Sarkisian and Ryan bonding well. Falcons offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian discussed his relationship with quarterback Matt Ryan. “It’s gone really well,” Sarkisian said. “I think Matt and I, again, I’ve said this all along, for whatever reason, we hit it off really well from the beginning.
3. 50 rally to support Kaepernick in Atlanta. Nearly 50 people gathered Wednesday afternoon near Mercedes-Benz Stadium at a rally to support spurned NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick and his right to free speech. They also wanted to bring attention to the social injustices for which he stood up – or knelt down – last year during the playing of the national anthem.
4. Roberts the returner. The Falcons signed Andre Roberts in free agency to replace Eric Weems, and they hope he’ll pump some spice back into the return game. “We are excited,” Falcons coach Dan Quinn said when asked about Roberts.
5. Where to watch, listen to the game. The Cardinals (1-2) face the Falcons (0-2) at 7 p.m. Saturday night at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Click here to see where you can watch or listen to the game.
2017 EXHIBITION SEASON
STEELERS 17, FALCONS 13
DOLPHINS 23, FALCONS 20