Inside the box score and more of the Hawks’ 109-101 loss to the Wizards in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference first-round playoff series Wednesday:
* John Wall did it again as he led the Wizards with a game-high 32 points. He had 32 points in Game 1.
* Paul Millsap led the Hawks with a team-high 27 points and 10 rebounds. He had 14 third-quarter points.
* Markieff Morris had just three points and five fouls for the Wizards after promising to raise the physical stakes of the game.
A total of 55 fouls were called. The Hawks had 38 free-throw attempts and the Wizards had 33 free-throw attempts.
* The Hawks were 4 of 20 from 3-point range and are 11 of 45 for the series.
* Dwight Howard played just 19:53 and did not play in the fourth quarter.
* Thabo Sefolosha made his first appearance of the series, playing 4:29 of the second quarter.
* The Hawks committed 18 turnovers for the game and have 39 for the series.
* The Wizards bench, due to foul trouble from starters, outscored the Hawks bench 25-14.
“I liked it.” – Paul Millsap on physical nature of game
The series moves to Atlanta for Games 3 and 4 on Saturday and Monday.