More than 120 people are dead in a series of attacks in Paris Friday night — the deadliest violence to hit the country since World War II.
While details are developing, here are immediate ways you can make positive contributions in Paris and France.
Websites are in French where noted.
• Donate to the Association française des Victimes du Terrorisme (in French), a French organization which provides "moral, technical and material support" to the victims of terrorism
• Donate to the French Red Cross (in French), which said it has sent hundreds of volunteers to Paris
• Donate to Restaurants du Cœur (in French), which provides food to those in need in France
• Donate to Secours Catholique-Caritas France (in French), a Catholic aid organization in France which provides support to people regardless of nationality or religious affiliation
• Donate to Secours Populaire Français, an anti-poverty organization that works in France and internationally
• If you have extra room in home, American citizens are offering shelter to stranded French tourists through the hashtag via #strandedinUS
• Parisians are opening their homes to those stranded, using the hashtag #PorteOuverte
• If you have friends, family or loved ones in Paris, see if they are out of harm's way using Facebook's Safety Check. Users can also mark other users "safe" using the tool, which will notify their Facebook friends.
This story has been updated