- Study: Beards are filled with poop and 'as dirty as toilets'
- Police: Mother throws baby into river, jumps from bridge
- Parents upset over high heels for infants
- Soldier surprises mother at graduation ceremony
- 5 things to know about Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana's name
There may be a lot more hairless faces after you hear this. Turns out men's beards are shockingly dirty.
According to a new study, beards contain just as much, if not more, fecal bacteria as a toilet. KOAT 7 reports that microbiologist John Golobic, of Quest Diagnostics in New Mexico, swabbed a number of beards searching for bacteria.
‘I’m usually not surprised, and I was surprised by this,' said Golobic.
While some beards contained normal bacteria, others contained fecal matter. Although none of the levels were enough to cause illness, Golobic says "there would be a degree of uncleanliness that would be somewhat disturbing."
Your best bet if you're pro-beard: lots of hand washing, a thorough beard scrubbing, and keep your hands away from your face as much as possible.