A section of the Gwinnett Medical Center in Lawrenceville was closed Wednesday when a police officer came to be treated for exposure to a possible hazardous material, according to police.
After the Gwinnett police officer inspected a small plastic bag full of a white powdery substance, he began to feel sick and traveled to the medical center. The hospital staff closed off part of the hospital so doctors could evaluate the threat of contamination.
The substance was later determined to be soap or detergent, according to police.
Police suspect the section of the hospital to open back by the end of the day.