Posted: 6:22 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Family premiums rose 4 percent to $15,745 in the past year
- The employee share rose to $4,316
- Premium increases have slowed. Cumulative growth was 30 percent from 2007-2012, down from 51 percent from 2002-2007.
- About one-third of workers now have deductibles of $1,000 or more
- Workers at lower-wage firms pay an average of $1,000 more per year for family coverage.
The non-profit Kaiser Family Foundation bills itself as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis on major health care issues. The foundation is not associated with Kaiser Permanente or Kaiser Industries.
Health Research and Educational Trust is affiliated with the American Hospital Association. It focuses on “identifying, exploring, demonstrating, and evaluating key strategic health care issues,” according to its website.
Updated every Friday, Mark Arum tells us where we can find construction, events and anything else to slow us down on the roads this weekend.