Powered by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Web Search by YAHOO!
 

Posted: 7:11 p.m. Friday, Oct. 4, 2013

Groom decides bomb scare better than angry bride

A British groom who forgot to book the wedding venue has admitted calling in a bomb threat, hoping his bride would not discover his oversight.

After realizing on the morning of the wedding that he had not done his job and reserved a public hall in Liverpool for the ceremony, Neil McArdle, 36, called in a bomb threat instead of admitting his error, according to the Daily Mail.

When the would-be guests arrived, the building had been evacuated.

The fretting groom got away with it for a very short time, because when they whole wedding party showed up, it quickly became known that the event had never been booked. McArdle was charged later the same day.

McArdle had a court date this week, where he confessed to a single charge of "communicating false information with intent." He'll be sentenced later this month.

Meanwhile, the wedding never did happen, but the Daily Mail says "it is believed" the couple is still a couple.

More News

 

Today on MyAJC.com

Botanical Garden’s ‘scarecrows’ are stuffed with silliness

Botanical Garden’s ‘scarecrows’ are stuffed with silliness

Native Americans are said to have created the first scarecrows on these shores to protect their corn crops from the scavenging black birds.

Paul Howard

DA’s spending of federal forfeiture money in question

Finances of the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office were in such chaos in recent years that even its most basic bills went unpaid.

Comments  (8)  

myajc logo 300x225

New 24-hour Digital Pass: Sample all of MyAJC.com for 99 cents

With a 24-hour digital pass, you can enjoy full versions of premium articles, news updates and access to the AJC online archives.