View mobile site
Follow us on
Thursday, Dec. 19, 2013 | 2:08 p.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Powered by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Updated: 10:44 a.m. Friday, Sept. 20, 2013 | Posted: 6:34 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2013
By Mike Morris
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Fire officials in Barrow County said Friday that an early Wednesday house fire that killed an 18-month-old girl was likely caused by an “electrical failure” in the home.
Four people were injured in the blaze, which was reported about 2:15 a.m. near the intersection of Moon Bridge Road and Rockwell Church Road, according to Barrow fire Lt. Scott Dakin.
Dakin told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that when firefighters arrived, four residents had already gotten out of the house, apparently by jumping from a second-floor window.
A 50-year-old man, a 22-year-old woman and a 16-year-old female were taken to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment of burns. Another adult was treated at a local hospital and released, Dakin said.
The toddler’s body was recovered late Wednesday morning.
The fire started in the sun room and dining room area of the home, where the child was sleeping, Dakin said Friday.
© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.