- Man poses as armored truck employee, walks out of Walmart with $75,000
- Reports: Federal, state agents raid Subway spokesman Jared Fogle's home
- Former Disney employee killed after igniting fireworks on his head
- Video shows FSU QB De’Andre Johnson punching a woman in the face
- Man raises 'puppies' for 2 years, discovers they're actually bears
As trading on the New York Stock Exchange came to a halt Wednesday, Twitter couldn't resist the opportunity to reference just about every movie from the last 30 years. There were also a few "Simpsons" and "Sesame Street" jokes thrown in for good measure.
Here we rounded up some of the most entertaining reactions to news of the shutdown.