One of the slogans for Wild Wing Cafe is “Hot Wings, Cold Beer & Good Times!”
But if the wings aren’t as hot as they should be, that probably isn’t much of a good time for the customer.
The Wild Wing Cafe location at 5530 Windward Parkway in Alpharetta failed a health inspection on April 17, getting a score of 56/U. Among several violations, a Fulton County inspector observed chicken wings at a self service area failing to keep its required holding temperature.
The inspector also saw fruit flies around the bar area.
Other violations included:
- Failure by the manager to maintain control.
- Improper hand washing by employees working with food.
- Employee touching raw meats with gloved hands and failing to wash hands in between glove changes.
- Raw eggs stored above ready-to-eat items in walk-in cooler.
- Items stored on the floor of the walk-in freezer.
This Wild Wing Cafe passed its last inspection on Sept. 1, 2016 with flying colors, earning a 90/A, but that was after it failed 10 days before with a 45/U score.
A follow-up inspection has been scheduled for May 1.
The chicken wing chain has locations in nine states, including 13 in Georgia. The company was founded in Hilton Head, South Carolina, but is now based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
A manager at the Alpharetta Wild Wing Cafe said he was unable to comment on the failed inspection.
Wild Wing Cafe
5530 Winward Parkway, Suite E 800
Alpharetta, Georgia 30004
This Wild Wing Cafe failed a health inspection in 2016: