In our exclusive poll of 10 metro Atlanta counties, we offered respondents six statements and asked: Do you agree that this statement describes a middle-class value?
So have a look. Here are the six statements (in no particular order). Middle class people . . .
- live a religious lifestyle.
- get married before having children.
- keep up their homes to the same standard as their neighbors.
- work hard to get ahead.
- stay out of trouble with the law.
- save money to send their kids to college.
How would you rank those statements? Which of them is first for you?
Find out how your neighbors came down on these questions in Part 4 of our special series "The Riddle of the Middle."