Update (4:17 p.m.): The gas leak has been repaired and Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services expects Club Drive to be open as usual by 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Original story (3:49 p.m.): Club Drive, in Lawrenceville, is closed due to a gas leak, Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Services said.
A gas line was accidentally struck while a crew was digging alongside the road Tuesday around 1:30 p.m.
Club Drive was closed in both directions at Long Iron Place and remained closed with no estimated re-opening time as of 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
One of two entrances to an apartment complex is blocked by the closure. Hazmat technicians are monitoring air quality readings in the area of the leak and Atlanta Gas Light is attempting to clamp the line, Gwinnett County Fire and Emergency Resources said.
In other news: