1. Cobb County officer resigns after telling African-American motorist: ‘I don’t care about your people.’ Cobb County Police Officer Maurice Lawson resigned Thursday about two months after cameras caught him making controversial remarks to African-American Fulton County middle school teacher Brian Baker. [Read more]
2. Georgia lawmaker’s chairmanship targeted after KKK, slavery comments. Democratic activists are targeting voters in House Speaker David Ralston’s home district in attempt to force him into punishing Rep. Tommy Benton for remarks he made about the Klan and slavery. [Read more]
3. Forsyth Principal on leave for racial remarks on social media. Gary Davison has been placed on administrative leave for comments he made on social media. [Read more]
4. APS: Students saw someone with a gun enter Grady High School. Grady High School was on lockdown from about 1:30 p.m. on after students said they saw an armed suspect enter the school, according to Atlanta Public Schools. [Read more]
5. Father, teen son charged in wreck that killed retired CDC researchers. What started as an attempted traffic stop late Thursday ended with a 2-county police chase and a crash that killed retired CDC researchers. [Read more]
Don't miss these five Black History Month events around Atlanta. Check out our coverage of Black History Month in our special online section.