Man burned in house fire dies

Man burned in house fire dies

View CaptionHide Caption
Hall County Fire Services
A man has died from injuries sustained in a Sunday fire on Flat Creek Road.
  • Story Highlights
  • A gas container ignited on Sunday, causing the blaze.
  • A 29-year-old man was near the container at the time.
  • No one else was in the home at the time of the fire.

A 29-year-old man who was flown to Grady Memorial Hospital after a fire broke out in his Hall County home has died, officials said Tuesday.

The Sunday blaze at the home on Flat Creek Road in Oakwood burned Jordan Wilson, Hall County fire spokesman Casey Ramsey told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. 

Wilson died Monday, Ramsey said.

“The victim was in close proximity to the gas container when an open flame ignited the gas fumes and caused the fire,” he said.

Wilson lived in the home with his grandmother, but she was not home at the time of the fire, according to Ramsey.

 

In other news:

Family Dog Stolen After Thief Breaks Into Home

 

Weather and Traffic