- Mitchell Northam The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Drivers in Alpharetta could experience some delays in various intersections throughout the month of January.
Beginning on Jan. 2, the city will begin upgrading traffic signals at 21 locations.
At the impacted intersections, traffic lights may be operating in “flash mode” with blinking red or yellow lights, or a police officer may be directing traffic. The city asks that all drivers proceed through intersections with caution.
Here are the areas where traffic signals will be updated in January:
• Westside Parkway at Encore Parkway
• Westside Parkway at Sanctuary Parkway
• Westside Parkway at Old Roswell Road
• Westside Parkway Colonial Circle
• Mansell Road at Westside Parkway
• Mansell Road at Kingswood Place
• Mansell Road at Duke Drive
• Mansell Road at Davis Road
• Mansell Road at Ga-400 southbound
• Mansell Road at Ga-400 northbound
• Mansell Road at North Point Parkway
• Mansell Road at Mansell One Drive
• Mansell Road at Old Alabama Road
• North Point Parkway at Mansell (south)
• North Point Parkway at Mansell (middle)
• North Point Parkway at Mansell (north)
• North Point Parkway at Encore Parkway
• Encore Parkway at North Point Mall Center East
• North Point Parkway at North Point Mall South
• North Point Parkway at North Point Mall North
• North Point Parkway at North Point Circle
The new technology will notify the city when vehicle detectors are not working properly. It will also enable the city to better time the signals based on real-time traffic volumes, the city said.
Work is expected to be completed by the end of January.
MORE LOCAL NEWS...