Various vehicle, equipment and construction purchases were approved Sept. 7 by the Acworth City Council for a total of $332,011:
- asphalt paving and repair by Bartow Paving Co., Inc. for $100,000.
- concrete by Baldwin Paving Co., Inc. for $50,000.
- a 2018 Ditch Witch Compact/Trencher from Ditch Witch of Georgia of Forest Park for about $50,234 to replace a 1998 Ditch Witch Trencher and a 1999 Vermeer Trencher.
- two 2018 Chevrolet Colorado 2WD extended cab trucks for $47,940 from Langdale Chevrolet.
- sidewalk repairs by AquaGuard Foundation Solutions for $30,000. This technique/process raises settled concrete slabs, avoiding repair by replacement.
- a 2500HD Crew Cab Silverado for the Parks, Recreation and Community Resource Department from Day’s Chevrolet for $28,351.
- 486 95-gallon sanitation container carts from Rehrig Pacific Company of Lawrenceville for $25,486. Carts are for new customers and replace dilapidated first-generation aluminum lift-bar carts.