SAT scores at most Atlanta high schools trail the state average, according to new 2016 test results released today.
Only two Atlanta high schools had combined scores above Georgia’s average of 1459: Grady and North Atlanta high schools. Grady and North Atlanta also had some of the district’s highest rates of students taking the SAT.
Those scores are for the “traditional” version of the SAT. Some student took a new version of the SAT. The College Board did not release school or district-level results for the new SAT because of the smaller number of students who took that test version.
Atlanta high school 2016 SAT results
|School||# of Test- takers||Combined Score|
|1. Grady High School||182||1595|
|2. North Atlanta High School||258||1476|
|3. Carver Early College||59||1370|
|4. Jackson High School||108||1318|
|5. Washington High School||38||1238|
|6. South Atlanta School of Law and Social Justice||21||1224|
|7. Therrell High School||49||1186|
|8. Carver High School of Health Sciences||27||1176|
|9. South Atlanta School of Computer Animation Design||19||1175|
|10. Carver School of the Arts||24||1155|
Source: Georgia Department of Education. Scores are not listed for some schools because of small numbers of test-takers.
- Don't see your school? Check The Atlanta Journal-Constitution database for more rankings and information
- These Cobb County schools have the highest SAT scores
- These DeKalb County schools have the highest SAT scores
- These Fulton County schools have the highest SAT scores
- These Gwinnett County schools have the highest SAT scores