Recently released SAT scores for 2015 indicate Georgia students are performing better on critical college entrance exams than previous years.
Georgia’s overall combined mean score is 1450,an increase of 5 points since last year. Despite the increase, the state still lags the national mean score, which was 1490 in 2015, and ranks 44th among U.S. states, according to data released Thursday by the College Board, which administers the SAT. The highest possible score is 2400.
“These score increases … signal that more students may be prepared for college-level work,” said state school Superintendent Richard Woods in a released statement.
Here are the DeKalb County high schools with the highest average SAT scores:
1. DeKalb School of the Arts, Avondale Estates. 2015 combined score: 1673
2. Chamblee Charter High School, Chamblee. 2015 combined score: 1591
3. Dunwoody High School, Dunwoody. 2015 combined score: 1508
4. Lakeside High School, Atlanta. 2015 combined score: 1495
5. DeKalb Early College Academy, Stone Mountain. 2015 combined score: 1452
Is your school not on the list? Search the database to see how your high school performed.
This story has been updated.