A federal law called the Clery Act requires the nation’s colleges and universities by Oct. 1 to release crime data for the most recent three years in a report that includes efforts to improve safety on the campus, which has about 30,000 students.
Here are five items of note from Georgia Tech’s report:
- There were 10 reported rapes. That was the same total reported rapes as in 2015.
- Eight on-campus robberies.
- The campus had 139 referrals of liquor law violations. That number significantly declined from 215 in 2015.
- Fifteen on-campus burglaries. That’s a decline from 45 in 2014.
- No hate crimes were reported.
In other Education news: