Betty Cantrell of Georgia was named Miss America Sunday night.
She is from Warner Robins.
Her platform was "healthy children, strong America."
Here is the moment when she was revealed as the winner:
She is the first winner from Georgia since 1953.
As of Sunday night, she had 4,109 Instagram followers (before her account was no longer accessible).
Ironically enough, she grew up without cable television, according to a video posted on the Miss Georgia Twitter account.
Cantrell inherited the main Miss America Twitter account shortly after the announcement.
For more on Cantrell's win and the entire Miss America 2016 pageant, click here.
- A messy bed is a better bed scientists say
- Bizarre crash where driver steps out of car is caught on video
- Watch the best 9/11 commercial ever made — and it only aired once
- School’s Facebook post about kids’ ideal bedtimes draws cheers, jeers
- Last living 9/11 rescue dog celebrates birthday with hero's welcome in NYC