Suspect in weekend shooting in SW Atlanta surrenders

Suspect in weekend shooting in SW Atlanta surrenders

View CaptionHide Caption
Brodrick Davis (Credit: Fulton County Sheriff's Office)
  • Story Highlights
  • The suspect, Brodrick Davis, drove away from the scene in the 1700 block of Campbellton Road.
  • Two men were inside a car when a struggle began and shots were fired.
  • Davis turned himself in after police released surveillance images of him Monday morning.

Hours after authorities released surveillance images of a man wanted in connection with a weekend shooting in southwest Atlanta, the suspect surrendered at the police department’s Zone 4 precinct.

Brodrick Davis, a 39-year-old felon, was charged Monday with aggravated assault and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, Atlanta police Officer Stephanie Brown said.

Also charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, no bond was set for Davis, Fulton County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Tracy Flanagan said.

Police had been looking for Davis since 1:30 p.m. Saturday, when they responded to the shooting in the 1700 block of Campbellton Road.

They learned two men were inside a vehicle when a struggle began.

“At some point during the struggle,” Brown said, “the suspect shot the victim several times.”

The wounded man, also 39, got out of the car and ran from the vehicle. Davis drove away from the scene, police said. 

The victim was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital in serious condition. His status is unknown, and his name has not been released.

Davis’ next court hearing is Oct. 3.

Know what’s really going on with crime and public safety in your metro Atlanta community, including breaking news, trial coverage, trends and the latest on unsolved cases. Sign up for the AJC’s crime and safety newsletter delivered weekly to your inbox.

In other news:

Weather and Traffic