- Debbie Lord, Cox Media Group National Content Desk
It’s almost go time.
Sure, you have a turkey and all the fixins’ to fix, family to visit with and football to watch, but you also have sales to attend, deals to get and shopping to get over with.
With holiday shopping barking at the door like a pack of wolves, here's a quick guide to the best deals, store hours, ads and shopping apps.
Below is a list of store opening times for Thanksgiving:
- Bass Pro Shops – 8 a.m.
- Bealls Florida – 6 p.m.
- Belk – 4 p.m.
- Bergner’s – 11 a.m.
- Best Buy – 5 p.m.
- Big Lots - 7 a.m.
- Bon-Ton – 11 a.m.
- Boston Store – 11 a.m.
- Cabela’s – 8 a.m.
- Carson’s – 11 a.m.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods – 6 p.m.
- Dollar General – 7 a.m.
- Elder-Beerman – 11 a.m.
- Five Below – 6 p.m.
- Fred’s Pharmacy – 9 a.m.
- GameStop – 4 p.m.
- Herberger’s – 11 a.m.
- JCPenney – 2 p.m.
- Kohl’s – 5 p.m.
- Kmart – 6 a.m.
- Macy’s – 5 p.m.
- Meijer – 6 a.m.
- Michaels – 6 p.m. (Opens at 5 p.m. for Rewards members)
- Rite Aid – Hours Vary by Location (most stores open)
- Sears – 6 p.m.
- Shopko – 4 p.m.
- Stage Stores – 2 p.m.
- Target – 6 p.m.
- Toys R Us – 5 p.m.
- Walgreens – Varies by Location
- Walmart – 6 p.m. (for Black Friday deals)
- Younker’s – 11 a.m.
Below is a list of the store opening times for Black Friday:
- Babies R Us - 8 a.m.
- Bass Pro Shops - 5 a.m.
- Belk - 6 a.m.
- Best Buy - 8 a.m.
- Big Lots - 6 a.m.
- BJ's Wholesale Club - 7 a.m.
- Cabela's - 5 a.m.
- Costco - 9 a.m.
- Dick's Sporting Goods - 5 a.m.
- Guitar Center - 6 a.m.
- Hobby Lobby - 8 a.m.
- Home Depot 6 a.m.
- JCPenney - Thanksgiving 2 p.m. through Black Friday
- Kmart - 6 a.m.
- Kohl's - Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to Black Friday 1 p.m.
- Lowe's - 6 a.m.
- Macy's - 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Meijer - 6 a.m.
- Michaels - 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Office Depot & OfficeMax - 7:45 a.m.
- PetSmart - 7 a.m.
- Sam's Club - 7 a.m.
- Sears - 5 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Staples - 7 a.m.
- Target - 6 a.m.
- Toys R Us - Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to Black Friday 11 p.m.
- Walmart - Thanksgiving 6 p.m. overnight into Black Friday
- See the complete list of Black Friday 2017 hours here.
Check out the ads
Here is a list of some "leaked" Black Friday ads from national retailers.
(Click on the store name to see the Black Friday ad)
- Best Buy
- Big Lots
- Old Navy
- Sam's Club
- Stein Mart
Black Friday best bets on TVs, laptops and tablets, electronics, smartphones and gaming
Black Friday television deals
- From Amazon: Samsung UN65MU8000 65-inch 4K smart TV (2017 Model) for $1,297.99 (usually $2,199.99)
- From Amazon: Sony 70-inch 4K smart LED TV (2017 Model) for $1,199.99 (usually $1,498)
- From Best Buy: Samsung 65-inch 4K smart TV for $749.99 (usually $1,099.99) – Doorbuster
- From Best Buy: Samsung 50-inch 4K smart TV for $399.99 (usually $699.99) – Doorbuster
- From Best Buy: Samsung 65-inch 4K HDR smart TV for $1,297.99 (usually $1,499.99)
- From Best Buy: Sharp 60-inch 4K smart TV for $549.99 (usually $799.99)
- From Best Buy: Insignia 50-inch 4K smart TV with Roku for $349.99 (usually $449.99)
- From NewEgg: Samsung 50-inch 4K HDR smart TV for $424.99 (usually $547.99)
- From Sam’s Club: Vizio XLED Smartcast 65-inch Class 4K UHD HDR Home Theater Display for $598
- From Target: Sharpe 55-inch 4K Smart UHD TV for $249.99 – Doorbuster
- From Walmart: Sharp 55-inch Class 4K (2160P) Smart LED TV for $298
Black Friday laptop deals
- From Best Buy: Microsoft Surface Laptop (128GB SSD, Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB RAM) for $899
- From Best Buy: Lenovo Yoga 710 (15.6-inch touchscreen, Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) for $599.99
- From Staples: HP Pavilion desktop PC (Intel Core i5 Processor, 12GB RAM, 1TB HDD) for $369.99
- From Staples: Dell 15.6-inch laptop (Intel Core i5 Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HD) for $419.99
- From Costco: Dell XPS 13 QHD+ Touchscreen Laptop for $1,299.99
- From HP: HP Envy x360 15-inch Laptop for $669.99 (usually $869.99) at HP
- From Dell: Inspiron 13 7000 Touch for $799.99 Doorbuster starting on 11/24 at 1 p.m. ET
- From Dell: Inspiron 15 5000 2-in-1 for $549.99 Doorbuster starting on 11/24 at 8 p.m. ET
- From NewEgg: Asus ROG G752VS (17.3-inch 1080p display with Nvidia G-Sync, 2.90 GHz seventh-gen Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 512 GB SSD, Nvidia GTX 1070 GPU) for $1,779
- From B&H: Apple 15.4-Inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (Late 2016, Silver) for $1,799
- From B&H: Apple 21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K Display (Mid 2017) for $1,179
Black Friday tablet deals
- From ebay: Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 128GB 4G+WIFI for $649.99
- From Toys R Us: Nabi Barbie Kids Tablets for $39.99
- From Sam’s Club: Samsung Galaxy 7.0" Tab E Lite for $69.86
- From Amazon: Amazon Fire HD 10 for $99.99
- From NewEgg: Refurbished Apple iPad 4 with 9.7" Retina Display for $149.99
- From Staples: Samsung Galaxy Tab A-10.1” for $179.99"
Black Friday electronics deals
- From Walmart: Google Home Mini for $29 (plus a coupon worth up to $25 off your next Walmart order when linking your account to Google Express)
- From the Google Store: Google Home for $79
- From the Google Store: Google Chromecast for $25
- From Target: Google Wifi (three pack) for $249
- From Best Buy: Google Chromecast Ultra for $54
Black Friday smartphone deals
- From Best Buy: Moto G Plus (5th Gen) 4G LTE with Motorola for $225
- From Best Buy: Samsung Galaxy J7 4G LTE with Verizon for $100
- From Target: iPhone SE for $100
- From Target: iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus free with a $250 gift card with purchase
- From T-Mobile: Buy one, get one free on the iPhone 8
- From Sprint: Lease a Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, S8 Active, or Note 8 for 50 percent off
- From Motorola: Buy a Moto Z2 Play for $400
- From Samsung: Buy a Galaxy S8 or Note 8, get a free Gear 360
Black Friday gaming deals
- From Best Buy: Madden 18 Xbox One S 500 GB bundle for $230, and as a bonus, you'll receive a free Xbox One controller.
- From Microsoft: Xbox One S price for $189
- From Walmart: PS4 for $199, and $39 DualShock 4 controllers
- From GameStop: Nintendo Switch for $300
- From Costco: 1 TB PlayStation 4 bundle with Destiny 2 and Call of Duty: WWII for $290
- From Walmart: Call of Duty: WWII for $43; Grand Theft Auto V for $29; Just Dance 2018 for $29
Apps for shopping
Finding the best deals can be exhausting, but, as for most things in life nowadays, there’s an app for that. Actually a few of them. Here are a few suggestions that may help you with gift buying throughout the holiday season.
You can see what you are spending in real time. It allows you to keeps lists of gifts purchased, the ones you are still looking for and whether the gift is wrapped.
Gifts HD2 for iTunes and Android
You can create lists, set budgets mark things off as you buy them, and add ideas as you go. It also allows you to comparison shop, which is great for Black Friday.
As with the other apps, No More Socks is a list-making and shopping app. In addition to searching retail sites, the app can also do a general Google search for products.
Chameleon will find the best price for an item and coupons if they are available. Chameleon works at more than 3,000 locations across the country.
RedLaser allows you to scan barcodes to find the best price, online or locally.
A browser add-on, PriceBlink lets you know when there's a better price for a product you are shopping for online.
CamelCamelCamel is a site that tracks Amazon prices. It notifies you when the price drops on an item you've added to your Amazon shopping list.View full experience