Around Town: Things to do in Atlanta
MyAJC.com makes it easier than ever for you to plan your week or weekend. The weekly Go Guide and Sunday Living & Arts are available all week. Choose them from the Living menu on any page. We have also heard from readers who want to browse and search the expanded AJC calendar listings. Those listings are available on our entertainment site, accessAtlanta.com, and we are busy working on a version just for subscribers.
MOVIES and EVENTS
This link will take you to accessAtlanta's events page, where you can search or browse editor's picks and events by category.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR EVENT
Things to Do: Add your event to AJCaccessATL
Step 1: Do you have an Eventful account?
Step 2: Add your event
Make sure you include the following information:
- Event title: Make it descriptive! This is the first thing people see on your event.
- The start date and time for your event. Note: You can create recurring events by using the “Repeats” dropdown.
- End date and time (if applicable) for your event. Note: For events occurring over multiple days (festivals, performances, exhibits, etc), please create only ONE event and set the date range to include all days of the event. Details regarding event times, exclusions, and other specifics should be included in the description. Do not create multiple entries for one event.
- Location or venue for your event (please include the correct address and zip code for the venue if it is a new venue).
- Category: You must select one and may select up to three categories from the dropdown. This will help the website organize your event and display it in relevant searches.
- Description: Adding a description of your event will help make your listing more complete.
- Photo: Please include at least one photo with your event listing. This will make your event more appealing to readers and may also increase your event's visibility on AJC.com. But only use your own photos: Please do not post images or photos unless you own them or have permission from the owner of the photo.
Don't forget to click more options. This is where you add the following information:
- Cost, Tickets: Please include any relevant cost or ticket information.
- Link to your event website or Facebook event
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Is Registration is required? As of Oct. 23, 2014, AJC.com made changes in our registration system, and you will be asked to create a new user name and profile.
My user name is not working? Please make sure you have created a login for the new system. Use the "forgot password" link to reset your password.
When will I see my event? Submitted events go into a queue to be manually approved and do not appear online automatically. Events scheduled far in advance may not appear in the events listings until a few weeks before the scheduled start date. Please allow an appropriate amount of time before re-submitting your event if it has not shown up.
How do I make a change? If you need to make a correction or change to your event once it has been submitted, you can do that by finding your event and editing it on the site.
Click here to visit the Eventful support center for any other questions.